The COPY Statement
Before you attempt to load data into your Vertica database, you should have a basic understanding of the Vertica COPY statement.
The Vertica COPY statement:
- Loads data into a Vertica database
- Can load parsed or computed data
- Loads data to WOS (in memory) and spills to ROS (on disk) if needed
- Can load directly to ROS if specified
- Can trickle load data
- Can load directly from a client system
For more information, see COPY in the Vertica documentation
Choosing a Load Method
With the COPY statement, you have load method options. For more information, see Choosing a Load Method in the Vertica documentation.
To learn more about loading data into Vertica, see the documentation.